Returns and Exchanges
Please be aware that this returns policy applies only to goods purchased on the Housing Units website.
Open and check your goods within 24 hours of receiving them and inform us of any damage immediately by using our contact form or phoning us on 0161 681 5678. We will arrange for the damaged goods to be collected and for replacements to be delivered, or refunded, whichever you prefer.
If you are unhappy with your goods for whatever reason you have the right to cancel your contract within 14 days of receipt of the goods. Please get in touch via our contact form or phone us on 0161 681 5678 and we will arrange for your goods to be collected. We cannot accept the return of any items after this period.
All items must be returned unused, in perfect condition, and in their full original clean packaging, which must not be marked or written on. Unfortunately we can't offer refunds or exchanges on the following items unless they are faulty or not as described:
- Products which have been personalised for you, such as stationery or gifts.
- Bespoke and made to order products such as furniture, made to measure items such as curtains, and fabric cut by length.
- Items where any assembly process has been started, this especially applies to furniture.
- Perishable goods such as flowers and food.
- Personal grooming products, cosmetics and pierced jewellery.
- Mattresses, mattress toppers, duvets, pillows, divan beds or bedding unless unopened and unused and in their original packaging.
- Goods that by reason of their nature cannot be returned including large bulk items.
- Where a product has been specially ordered for you, unless faulty, we're unable to refund or offer an exchange. We'll make this clear when you place an order.
- Gas fires where the box has been opened, unless your Gas Safe Engineer provides a written statement that it is faulty.
We offer a free Monday to Friday returns service. If your goods were delivered by courier please ring 0161 681 5678 or email [email protected] before 12:00 noon and we will endeavour to pick up your goods using the same courier the next working day. If your goods have been delivered by the Housing Units Delivery Service we will arrange a time for you.
Alternatively you may make other return arrangements at your own cost, however we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred in these circumstances.
Once your items have been received and checked we will process your refund within 14 days.
You can choose to return your goods to the customer collection area at our Distribution Centre, or for smaller items, you can obtain a refund at the tills in our store. Please bring the credit or debit card you used when you made your purchase and the sales order document sent with your goods as proof of purchase when returning any items this way.