Housing Units Guarantee Terms and Conditions
Our 10 year structural and 2 year standard guarantee is an additional company guarantee and this will not affect your statutory rights.
10 year structural guarantee covers against manufacturing and structural defects of frames and spring constructions excluding garden furniture.
2 year standard guarantee covers against manufacturing defects on fabrics, leathers, stitching, interiors, mechanisms, electrical parts and garden furniture.
The guarantee covers the purchaser only and cannot be transferred to another person or address. It is valid from the original delivery or collection date.
This guarantee is applicable to orders placed after 3rd April 2017 and only covers items of furniture. It does not include carpets/flooring, fireplaces or bathrooms.
To make a claim under this guarantee, details of the claim must be made to our Customer Care team via telephone on 0161 681 5678 or email [email protected]. We reserve the right to inspect the goods in question and to establish the root cause.
The guarantee does not cover:
- General wear and tear, dressing issues or failure to carry out proper care procedures in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Please refer to our Furniture Care and Buying Guide.
- Accidental or deliberate damage
- Failed fabric or leather due to exposure to body oils/fluids or any cosmetic products
- Natural colour fading, for example prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Door or drawer adjustments and general maintenance of the product (eg tightening of screws, hinges etc)
- Dye transfer onto the furniture
- Natural cushion interior settlement and/or flattening
- Staining, soiling or misuse
- Component parts, for example, fuses and bulbs
The guarantee covers domestic use only within our usual delivery boundaries (mainland UK)
When a claim is made under the guarantee, we reserve the right to rectify the problem by using the lowest cost option and to charge a ‘usage fee’ where applicable. The claim will also be limited to the original purchase price.
If a repair or replacement is not possible, we reserve the right to replace your product with one of an equivalent specification.
Housing Units is registered as a full member of The Furniture Ombudsman which is approved by government to provide independent alternative dispute resolution services to consumers. We follow The Furniture Ombudsman’s Code of Practice which means that their decisions are binding on us. In the event that you are unhappy with the outcome of any claim against this guarantee, you will be directed to The Furniture Ombudsman for alternative dispute resolution.
They can be contacted at:
The Furniture Ombudsman
3-4 Viewpoint Office Village