Ordering & Payment
Placing an order
We wish to make the process of placing an order on our website as simple and straight forward for you as possible.
To place your order for products on our Website simply click the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
Once you have paid for your order at our checkout you will be sent a confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered.
If you have selected to collect your goods rather than have them delivered to you, this email will contain all of the necessary information you will require to collect your goods.
Some of the products we sell and which are shown on our website require more of an in depth discussion with our trained staff to help ensure that you order the most appropriate product. We restrict the sale of these products on our website because we wish to be sure that you are completely satisfied with your choice. These products are clearly marked as "In-Store Only" and we ask that you contact us to request further information if you are interested in any of these products. Please click on the "request further information" button to submit an information request and our dedicated team will contact you as soon as possible.
If you do have any problems placing your order or if you would like any further information, please contact our dedicated website team by phone on 0800 055 6660 during our store opening hours and a member of our team will be happy to assist you. Alternatively, you can email us your contact details to email@example.com and we will contact you to as soon as one of our team are available.
Once your order is received we will process the payment by way of the credit or debit card or PayPal details you have provided. The total price of your order will be the price of the selected products plus delivery charges, all prices will include VAT. All credit/debit cardholder transactions are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card does not for any reason authorise payment or any details provided do not meet validation checks, we will not be held liable for any delay or non-delivery.
We can refuse for any reason to process a transaction and may remove any product or service from this website. We will not be held liable to you or a third party for withdrawing any product from the website whether it has been sold or not. We also reserve the right to remove any materials or content from the website. To be eligible to form a contract and purchase good on this website under English law you must:
- be over 18 years of age
- use your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and any other details requested by the site
- give a delivery address in the United Kingdom: we do not accept PO Box numbers and accommodation addresses
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows: You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
We will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Housing Units.
Order Acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with our terms and conditions.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- You do not meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions
This contract will be concluded in English.
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you wish provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the products. You are required in this instance to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its product description which sets out additional specific conditions related to that product including, without limitations, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees. Whilst we will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the Website are as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on the Website at particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
Recycle Your Old Electrical Items
If you are buying a new electrical item we will recycle your old one for free. We offer a "Take Back" scheme on a like for like basis. For example, if you buy a new toaster you can bring your old toaster into the store or, if have purchased online you can return it by post (you are responsible for postage costs). You have 28 days in which to return the old item back to us.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in you bin. If we do not recycle electrical items they will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
As a responsible retailer, we have met the requirements placed on us by offering all customers buying new electrical equipment a free take back service as per the Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive.
At Housing Units, our aim is to deliver the best possible service to all of our customers. However, if you are not completely satisfied with the service that you have received and wish to make a complaint, please follow the steps below:
- 1st Stage Please contact Customer Services on 0161 681 5678 (extension 651) or email email@example.com. One of our Customer Care advisors will register your complaint and will handle it through to completion. The Customer Care advisor will try to resolve matters and we hope that we can settle all complaints as quickly as possible in this way.
- 2nd Stage If you are not satisfied with the response that you receive, you can take this further by contacting the Customer Care Manager. This can be done by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Housing Units Ltd, Tweedale Way, Chadderton, Oldham OL9 7HU. Upon receiving your complaint, you will receive a response within 5 working days. If we cannot give a full reply in this time, we will advise you as to why and when you are likely to receive it. The decision given by the Customer Care Manager is final and is the end point of our internal complaints procedure. Any correspondence sent to any other Manager or Director will be referred to our Customer Care Manager to be reviewed as part of this procedure.
- 3rd Stage If you remain unhappy with our final response, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to The Furniture Ombudsman. We are bound to follow any decision that The Furniture Ombudsmen makes. To find out more about The Furniture Ombudsman and how you might be able to use their dispute resolution service, visit www.thefurnitureombudsman.org or telephone 0845 653 2064.