Vi Spring Kingsbridge
The Kingsbridge mattress is made with two layers of 1.42mm wire springs, 60mm in diameter, sewn into individual calico pockets and hand formed into a honeycomb nested units
- Full Product Description
Vi-Spring pioneered the use of pocket springs in 1901, redefining bed design and ushering in unparalleled levels of comfort. Vi-Spring continues to make the very best beds by hand with its own unique pocket springs, that they makes themselves, a process that has been virtually unchanged since 1901. The VI-Spring Kingsbridge divan set is new model upholstered with generous quantities of South American horsetail blended with hand-teased Platinum Certified Devonshire fleece wool using age-old skills. The result is a luxuriously soft and supportive bed with a unique but unmistakably VI-Spring signature feel. Vi-Spring houses every spring under slight compression in natural cotton calico pockets. The pockets contain the springs while allowing them to work independently, gently supporting you from head to toe. Only the highest quality materials can ensure supreme comfort and Vi-Spring sources the finest fleeces for the wool that softens and insulates its beds. Horsehair has been an essential element of bed making for centuries and Vi-Spring uses only the finest horsetail for its beds. The long, supple and silky hairs have an inherent strength and springiness that makes them the perfect fillings. The Kingsbridge mattress is made with two layers of 1.42mm wire springs, 60mm in diameter, sewn into individual calico pockets and hand formed into a honeycomb nested units. The border has three rows of genuine hand side stitching, carry handles and air vents on all sides. The borders are then upholstered in protective wool and finished with piped ticking. The mattress has been upholstered with 600gsm British fleece wool, and then 1375gsm of South American horse tail blended with 380gsm of hand teased Platinum Certified Devonshire fleece wool. The mattress is then overlaid with 300gsm of British fleece wool and hand tufted with felt washers. Vi-Spring has decades of experience in understanding the intrinsic qualities of each natural material. Today it uses that expertise to create beds that are defined by their desirability, performance and luxury of the filling used.
- Vi-Spring use 100% Platinum Certified British fleece wool, regarded as the best wool in world.
- Horsehair: Taken from the mane and tail, horsehair is the longest natural fibre. Its natural resilience brings the very necessary element of springiness to the beds.
- Coir: These tough fibres add outstanding durability to the quality of the divan bases.
- Cotton: Cotton plant fibres are used for their natural breathability and absorbency.
- Calico: 100% cotton textile that is renowned for its strength and open weave, which allows airflow and makes it the ideal choice for the pockets that hold each spring.
- The Kingsbridge Divan:
- Springs: 950 pocketed springs in a Kingsize.
- Materials: 1200gsm natural coir pad overlaid with 1200gsm blended Platinum Certified British fleece wool and cotton.
- Upholstery: The finest quality ticking or upholstery fabric from the Vi-Spring Collection.
- Options: Choices of divan height, smooth running castors, locking castors, wooden or chrome legs or traditional bun feet in a choice of colours
- Storage: Various drawer options available on 31cm high divans.
- Delivery & Returns
- Product Reviews