Vi Spring Baronet
The Vi-Spring Baronet Superb has layers of British fleece wool, cotton and horsehair that are hand-upholstered to create an affordable bed that offers incredible comfort
- Full Product Description
Vi-Spring pioneered the use of pocket springs in 1901, redefining bed design and ushering in unparalleled levels of comfort. Vi-Spring continues to make the very best beds by hand with its own unique pocket springs, that they makes themselves, a process that has been virtually unchanged since 1901.The Vi-Spring Baronet Superb has layers of British fleece wool, cotton and horsehair that are hand-upholstered to create an affordable bed that offers incredible comfort. Vi-Spring houses every spring under slight compression in natural cotton calico pockets. The pockets contain the springs while allowing them to work independently, gently supporting you from head to toe. Only the highest quality materials can ensure supreme comfort and Vi-Spring sources the finest fleeces for the wool that softens and insulates its beds. Horsehair has been an essential element of bed making for centuries and Vi-Spring uses only the finest horsetail for its beds. The long, supple and silky hairs have an inherent strength and springiness that makes them the perfect fillings. The Baronet Superb mattress is made with a single layer of 1.52mm wire springs, 54mm in diameter, sewn into individual calico pockets and hand formed into a honeycomb nested unit. The border has two rows of genuine hand side stitching, carry handles and air vents on all sides. The mattress is then upholstered with horsehair needle-teased onto hessian and enclosed in a hair-proof cambric cover. It is then overlaid with 1000gsm bonded British fleece wool and cotton and then 1200gsm of blended British fleece wool and cotton. Vi-Spring has decades of experience in understanding the intrinsic qualities of each natural material. Today it uses that expertise to create beds that are defined by their desirability, performance and luxury of the fillings used.
- The Baronet Superb Include:
- Wool: Vi-Spring use 100% Platinum Certified British fleece wool, regarded as the best wool in world.
- Horsehair: Taken from the mane and tail, horsehair is the longest natural fibre. Its natural resilience brings the very necessary element of springiness to the beds.
- Coir: These tough fibres add outstanding durability to the quality of the divan bases.
- Calico: 100% cotton textile that is renowned for its strength and open weave, which allows airflow and makes it the ideal choice for the pockets that hold each spring.
- Springs: 600 pocketed springs in a Kingsize.
- Materials: 1200gsm natural coir pad overlaid with 1200gsm blended Platinum Certified British fleece wool and cotton.
- Upholstery: The finest quality ticking or upholstery fabric from the Vi-Spring Collection.
- Options: Choices of divan height, smooth running castors, locking castors, wooden or chrome legs or traditional bun feet in a choice of colours
- Storage: Various drawer options available on 31cm high divans.
- Delivery & Returns
- Product Reviews