There is a trend developing among many people to source out natural materials without impacting on some of the world’s most beautiful landscapes.
More and more people are now searching for good quality furniture, that’s both stylish and sustainable. This growing trend has given many people the idea to use reclaimed timber, which has a unique and attractive look about it but does not impact on the earth’s natural resources.
Coming with an enormous amount of history including notches and nail holes, reclaimed wooden furniture comes alive in your hands and feels particularly rich and exquisite when it’s placed in your home. One of the benefits of using reclaimed wood is that no two pieces of furniture is identical, everything handmade, nothing mass produced.
The Old Wood four cube is part of a storage system which allows you to create a solution for your study or bedroom by stacking and placing them in next to each other to create a useful place to keep your items neatly together.
The four cube is hand made in Latvia by skilled craftsman from recycled wood such as railway sleepers, furniture and even houses. This use of recycling old wood creates furniture that is individual and ensures that no two pieces will ever be alike.
- Height 188cm x Width 50cm x Depth 36cm
- Made with recycled wood
- Indiana Brown waxed finish
- Hand made by Latvian craftsmen
- Sizes are approximate
- Some assembly may be required
Care & Buying Guide
Due to the fact that elements of this beautiful product are made from reclaimed and recycled wood, there will inevitably be variations in the wood grain, texture and even colour of each these products. The images we are displaying here on our website are just an example of the typical finish to these products but they cannot be relied upon to be an exact match to the item you will receive.
How to care for your natural, reclaimed furniture:
- Reclaimed wood is full with character, and often has small cracks and signs of weathering or evidence of its former life. Preventative measures should be taken to avoid stains, scratches and water marks on your wood furniture. Some residual marks will appear over time with use.
- Heat and direct sunlight will cause the wood to expand, creating gaps and cracks.
- Reclaimed wood inherently absorbs any fluid or liquid that touches the surface. Always wipe up spills as soon as possible and only ever wipe clean with a soft, dry cloth.
- To reduce the risk of spillages and any watermarks, we encourage the use of table coverings or mats to protect the surface.
- Avoid using any acidic or high alkaline based cleaners, or products containing bleach, ammonia, or petroleum.